The Top 50 blog posts of 2016!
Happy New Year, everyone! Here’s to a year full of hope and promise, dreams fulfilled, goals met and new ones set.
As you know, the original 101fundraising team has passed the considerably weighty baton to us here at The Resource Alliance. Many of you know us and have been part of our International Fundraising Congress in the Netherlands for years. But I’m sure others are wondering what The Resource Alliance is and who we think we are taking over 101fundraising.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you – and having you get to know us – as 2017 unfolds. But more about that in Thursday’s post.
Today, we’re all clawing our way back into work mode, and this is the annual Top 50 list. We took some liberties with the title of the list (Geesh, they’re making changes already? How rude!) because, well, “best of” seems so … subjective. A post that we personally loved might have left you cold, and vice-versa.
“Top 50” reflects the fact that these choices are based on more objective analytics. If a post that isn’t listed here really floated your boat in 2016, let us know! Tell us why you loved it, and we’ll give it a shout-out in a future post.
So below, check out the Top 50 101fundraising blog posts from 2016. Thanks to all the fine bloggers who provided such insightful and fascinating content for the 101fundraising readership last year. (Please show them some love, and spread it around by sharing the Top 50 list with your networks.)
If you’re interested in writing for 101fundraising in 2017 or if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, etc., please let us know! In the original spirit of 101fundraising, this will remain your forum, your community. We’re so looking forward to hearing from you – and serving you – in 2017 and beyond. Drop me a note at email@example.com.
Top 50 101fundraising blog posts of 2016
1. Thank you, Wally! — Reinier Spruit
2. We bid you farewell. Mic drop. — Reinier Spruit & Jeroen Beelen
3. Online charity benchmark 2016 – compare your website –Victor van der Veen
4. Backs to the wall or back to the future? — Toby Bourke
5. Major gift end of the year to-do list — Karen Osborne
6. Open source fundraising — Rebecca Davies
7. Simply the best: Top 10 blog posts! (Q4 2016) — 101fundraising
8. Men in fundraising: We have a problem. And it’s you. — Matthew Sherrington
9. Changing fundraising. For good. — Ken Burnett
10. Make fundraising great again! — Charlie Hulme
11. Are we managing a fundraising decline? Only if we let ourselves. — Giles Pegram
12. I can’t thank you enough — Reinier Spruit
13. Fundraising for humans — Simon Scriver
14. I spy 5 fundraising trends in 2016 — Tom Ahern
15. A donor relationship is not a trick — Reinier Spruit
16. The Resource Alliance takes over 101fundraising! — 101fundraising
17. Decisions leadership must make for fundraising to grow — Alan Clayton
18. The people who made relationship fundraising work — Derek Humphries
19. Pratfall – how mistakes make you more attractive — Lucy Gower
20. The trouble with vanilla… — Lucy Gower
21. Leadership in fundraising innovation — Ellen Janssens
22. Simply the best: Top 10 blog posts! (Q1 2016) — 101fundraising
23. A brief history of fundraising — Giles Pegram
24. Benchmarking and goal setting – Is second best, best? — Karen Osborne
25. Open source fundraising — Rebecca Davies
26. Seeing donors as partners: Will you shift your culture? — Jackie Fowler
27. Getting back to basics — Rachel Hunnybun
28. What are the two most dangerous assumptions in fundraising? — Charlie Hulme
29. What do you need the money for? — Jaz Nannar
30. Simply the best: Top 10 blog posts! (Q3 2016) — 101fundraising
31. Fundraising in the Middle East: How, why and what — Chris Carnie
32. How answering ‘why’ and ‘what’ could change your fundraising — Charlie Hulme
33. Here be dragons — Richard Turner
34. Feeling good about feelings, facts and fundraising — Matthew Sherrington
35. What is fundraising success? — Richard Turner
36. Why are we fundraising and how can we do it better? — Charlie Hulme
37. How to DIY a digital strategy that actually works — Beate Sørum
38. When fundraising hurts: Vicarious trauma, burnout, and compassion fatigue — Rebecca Davies
39. Bring back the joy of giving – it’s time to make donors smile — Richard Radcliffe
40. Three powerful major gift questions you might not be asking — Karen Osborne
41. Continuous donor choice: fundraising’s best opportunity in ages — Jackie Fowler
42. Asking the right questions — Paul DeGregorio
43. An example of greatness in donor appreciation and recognition — Reinier Spruit
44. The 50 best blog posts of 2015! — 101fundraising
45. Rebecca’s first 47 days — Rebecca Davies
46. Reset, revive, refresh – Breathing new life into F2F — David Cravinho
47. Why tests do not work for email fundraising — Mandy Johnson
48. Fundraising’s biggest smokescreen — Jonathon Grapsas
49. Exceeding supporter expectations with a WOW! — Matthew Sherrington
50. Don’t let 1,835 cats KILL your fundraising — Rory Green
As always, you’re more than welcome to re-publish these blog posts elsewhere. If you do, please add that “this post first appeared on the 101fundraising crowdblog” with a link to our homepage. We’d also appreciate it if you would let us know. Just drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Source: Google Analytics 1 January – 31 December 2016. Questions? E-mail us.]