2013 overview: 50 best fundraising posts!
Happy new year! We wish you all the best. We wish you health and happiness. We wish you a terrific 2014 with the best fundraising results you can imagine!
“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called “Opportunity” and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.” – Edith Lovejoy Pierce
That seemed appropriate. Not sure why. Quotes are totally 2014!
Last year was fantastic. We had fun. We hope you too.
Before we present the best fundraising posts of 2013… a quick summary of the 2013 highlights for 101fundraising.
- Did we mention we won an award for best fundraising blog? Yes we did, and we’re very proud. Check this.
- We have 50 active bloggers! And together they published 103 posts in 2013! Thank you bloggers!
- Around 80K fundraisers from 192 countries visited our crowdblog. And you viewed 179K pages. Thank you readers!
- Top 10 countries: USA, UK, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, India, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland.
- Top 10 cities: London, Amsterdam, Toronto, New York, Sydney, Melbourne, Dublin, The Hague, Wahington, Chicago.
- By the way: mobile visits grew with 111% and tablet with 94%.
- We now have 13,808 followers, 4,061 connections and 3,214 fans… Thank you for connecting and sharing!
- A big thanks to all fellow fundraising blogs and websites for your traffic: Fundraising Success Magazine, Fundraising Detective, The Agitator, ThirdSector, AFP, SOFII, FundraisingCoach, Nassau, Think and Osocio!
- Also thank you IFC for having us as your official blog partner!
- And, finally, please stand up, let’s put those hands together for the 101fundraising team! After all, 101fundraising runs entirely on volunteers. Thank you team!
Now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for… the best fundraising posts of 2013!
If you haven’t read these posts yet, drop everything you’re doing and start reading right now! Please share them with your own networks. Thank you!
1) 7 things that will make you a better fundraiser – Margaux Smith
2) 20 symptoms of fundraising trouble – Reinier Spruit
3) The final straw – I quit – Lucy Gower
4) YOU are the reason for your results – Reinier Spruit
5) Why Asking and Thanking Donors is All Wrong – Matthew Sherrington
6) Six Unique and Unconventional Fundraising Ideas – Adam Weinger
7) Digital is the ‘New Normal’, so why is digital fundraising still so rubbish? – Rachel Beer
8) Ted Talk: The way we think about charity is dead wrong – Dan Pallotta
9) Hiring good fundraisers: Do you look for the 000 factor? – Rachel Beer
10) The Big Chill: can we cure donor’s emotional breakdown – Francesco Ambrogetti
11) A simple retention calculation packs a powerful punch – Anita Lee
12) 3 storytelling lessons – Usha Menon
13) Dear Fundraiser: What, exactly, is Your “Product”? – Mitchell Hinz
14) Don’t forget your pen: Do’s and don’ts of digital fundr... – Maia Kahlke-Mikkelson
15) This blog is a bit of a rant – Lucy Gower
16) A reminder about making rice and similar fundamentals – Ken Burnett
17) Fundraise Scared – Rebecca Davies
18) How are you managing the Donor Journey? – Tony Elischer
19) 30 Letters That Changed the World – Rebecca Davies
20) The hype over ‘donor journeys’ – Sarah Clifton
21) Want Loyal Donors? Then Stop Recruiting Them! – Charlie Hulme
22) How to Make Your Story Stand Out – Charlie Hulme
23) How to make a graceful exit – Kimberley McKenzie
24) A DIY workshop for lead conversion: Do try this at home! – Sarah Clifton
25) Building a New Lexicon Part 1: Fundraising – Tony Elischer
26) Ever considered being a fundraising consultant? – Vera Peerdeman
27) The pursuit of happiness (or how to not kill a donor) – Francesco Ambrogetti
28) The power of video storytelling – Jonathon Grapsas
29) Plot Your Course for 2013 Leadership and Major Gift Success – Karen Osborne
30) Smiles Lead to More Major Gifts – Karen Osborne
31) We are going down… We have no target! – Reinier Spruit
32) Return on (fundraising) Talent – Vera Peerdeman
33) In the realm of fundraising senses – 1 Touch me right here – Francesco Ambrogetti
34) 3rd Annual Fundraising Growth Analysis – Reinier Spruit
35) Knock knock! Who’s there? Opportunity! – Reinier Spruit
36) I decided not to cancel, but for how long? – Lucy Gower
37) Friendraising, what’s in it for you? – Vera Peerdeman
38) Is direct mail finally dead? – Ken Burnett
39) Updating Essential Frameworks for the Future – Tony Elischer
40) 3 things to think about when recruiting fundraisers – Damian Chapman
41) The Smartest Way to Guarantee Mediocre Results – Rob Woods
42) We are animals: the case for empathy – Alan Clayton
43) Meding a Broken Relationship – Charlie Hulme
44) ‘Major Donors’, who are you kidding? – Tony Elischer
45) What Does a Donor REALLY Mean To You? – Tony Elischer
46) Quit with the gratitude – Lucy Gower
47) What are your new year’s resolutions? – Vera Peerdeman
48) If you would like to be sent a thank you, please tick this box – Damian Chapman
49) Why fundraisers and boards don’t get along… – Nigel Harris
50) A Treasure Trove of New Insights for Fundraisers – Paul Vanags
You are more than welcome to re-publish these blog posts elsewhere. If you do, please add that it “has been published prior on 101fundraising – Crowdblog on Fundraising” with a link to our crowdblog. We’d also appreciate it if you inform us. Thanks!
[Source: Google Analytics 1 January – 31 December 2013. Questions? E-mail us.]