2012 overview: Ranking the best fundraising blogs!
On January 7, 2013 At 2:00 pm
Responses : No Comments
We’re baaaaack! Happy new year! And may the fundraising force be with you in 2013!
While you were resting, skiing, wining and dining, the 101fundraising team was busy with their abacus to present you the best fundraising posts of 2012. But first a few words about last year.
If you are a ‘frequent flyer’ of fundraising blogs you have to admit that it’s impossible to imagine a world without 101fundraising. So, before we present you the best of the best, we want to share some 2012 highlights…
- Currently there are 42 active bloggers, of which 15 are new this year. Together they published 96 posts in 2012. Thank you bloggers!
- Almost 80K fundraisers visited our crowdblog. And you viewed 156K pages in 2012. Massive growth compared to 2011… Thank you readers!
- Our readers now come from 184 different countries (top 10: Netherlands, USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Italy, India, France Switzerland and Germany)
- Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook are our best referring sites. That makes perfect sense, because we now have 11,723 followers, 2,957 connections and 2,488 fans…
- But also thank you fellow fundraising websites for your traffic: The Agitator, Fundraising Detective, SOFII, Nonprofit Marketing Blog, Fundraising Success Magazine, Osocio, AFP and Institute of Fundraising!
- And obvious a standing ovation to the 101fundraising team for all those hours of volunteer work to keep this blog as good as it is. Thank you team!
So, here they are, the best blog posts of 2012! Read, enjoy, learn and share. We hope to see you back every week in 2013!
- Social Network Fundraising: The Beginners Guide – Reinier Spruit
- Cry me a river: WHY and HOW emotions can save fundraising and the non profit world – Francesco Ambrogetti
- 7 ‘Big bummers’ for charitable trusts and foundations – Vera Peerdeman
- Where are we going in 2012? A possible and promising new direction for fundraisers. – Ken Burnett
- 2nd Annual Dutch Fundraising Growth Awards! – Reinier Spruit
- The 5 fastest growers and their recipe for success – Reinier Spruit and Ramses Man
- The 7 Bad Habits of Insanely Productive People – Margaux Smith
- 7 tips for welcoming new donors – Sarah Clifton
- Retention Song – Reinier Spruit
- Unexpected (?) fundraising tool: your ears as your moneymakers – Vera Peerdeman
- Connecting with your most loyal and senior donors – Kimberley Mackenzie
- 6 Things you get with friendraising – Vera Peerdeman
- Face: The Future – Jack Ryan
- Reader Beware: Contains Dangerous Ideas on How to Motivate (Face-to-Face) Fundraisers! – Jack Ryan
- It wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark – Reinier Spruit
- How my pissed off donor came back… – Gerbren Deves
- Climate change needed for donor centric fundraising! – Reinier Spruit
- Why Tell a ‘Story’ When You Can Tell The Truth? – Charlie Hulme
- A checklist for your acquisition program – Sarah Clifton
- How do you keep good people at a nonprofit organization? – Mike Johnston
- I Wish I’d Thought Of That – Alison McCants
- Get Away From Your Desk And Remind Yourself WHY – Margaux Smith
- Creative fundraising: lessons from the frontline – Derek Humphries
- It’s you, not me – Rebecca Davies
- I wish I’d thought of that – Lucy Gower
- Why I Love (And Feel Uncomfortable About Loving) Legacy Fundraising – Margaux Smith
- A perfect pitch? – Alison McCants
- Too busy to tweet? You’re a liar. – Brock Warner
- Charity Crowdfunding: what’s in it for you? – Vera Peerdeman and Ronald Kleverlaan
- I’m awesome. You’re awesome. We’re AWESOME…aren’t we? – Kimberley Mackenzie
- What’s All This Noise about Not Giving “Thank You” Gifts? – Mitchell Hinz
- Un-define fundraising – Brock Warner
- A fundraising checklist: Should you consider “Summer Fundraising”? – Patrice Simonnet
- Want To Raise More Money? Then Stop Asking For It! – Charlie Hulme
- Lack of trust: the key barrier to donating – Julie Verhaar
- Dutch legacy fundraising: growth figures! – Reinier Spruit
- The best tip of the whole IFC! – Gerbren Deves
- Donate! It’s proven to make you happy! – Elsbeth Takkenberg
- Can Thank You Notes be BAD? – Karen Osborne
- The Stolen Recipe for a Legacy Event – Juan Hendrawan
- Ready. Acquire. Aim. – Rebecca Davies
- I don’t need to change the world. I just want to change your mind. – Margaux Smith
- Storytelling: the most powerful way to get your fundraising message across – Lucy Gower
- Crisis? There is no crisis! – Erik van Dorp
- Rubbish In : Rubbish Out – Jack Ryan
- 3 Tips for “Radical” Fundraising Communications – Brock Warner
- BSC – the answer to the problem of integration – Bernard Ross
- Hire for competencies, train for skills – Karen Osborne
You are more than welcome to re-publish these blog posts elsewhere. If you do, please add that it “has been published prior on 101fundraising – Crowdblog on Fundraising” with a link to our crowdblog. We’d also appreciate it if you inform us. Thanks!
[Source: Google Analytics 1 January – 31 December 2012. Questions? E-mail us.]